Here’s another quick, simple dish I made on A is for Apple (Gusto TV)! Delicious and satisfying sesame noodles!
- 450 g Chinese egg noodles
- 15 ml sesame oil
- 240 ml white sesame seeds
- 60 ml sesame oil
- 30 ml rice wine vinegar</br
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 2 Tb sugar
- 1 Tb finely grated ginger
- 1 Tb finely grated garlic
- 2 Tb chopped fresh chives
- 3 Tb toasted white and black sesame seeds
- 1 red bird’s eye chili seeded and finely chopped
Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat.
Add noodles and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until slightly soft. Drain and rinse with cold water.
In a mixing bowl, toss the noodles with sesame oil to avoid sticking together. Set aside.
Place sesame seeds in a food processor and blend until fine.
Add sesame oil, and blend for 1 minute.
Add rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic and blend until properly emulsified.
Pour sauce over the noodles and toss.
Garnish with chives, toasted sesame seeds and bird’s eye chilli.